If you are a casual car washer, you may not be much interested in car wax before! However, the wax is something you should not ignore. It is one of the essential things amongst all the weird and wonderful things available in the market. Not in the short term, but you will realize its importance later when it will make your life a lot easier. It keeps your car clean and well managed.
Wax puts a barrier between the clearcoat and the surroundings to protect it from nasty stuff in the air, UV rays, and water. The road is full of pollutants which can stick on the paint of the car. Wax is the best way to protect against all these factors from your car’s clean bodywork. It makes the surface ‘hydrophobic’ as it is the last thing to apply in the car. Before using the wax, washing the car and polishing is the must.
How Does the Car Wax Work?
The car wax creates a thin layer of protection on the surface of the paint of the car. The oils and polymers used in its formation safeguard the vehicle from all the harmful elements by not letting it form a direct interaction with your vehicle. The polymers and acrylic sealants give you the desired shine and polish on your vehicle.
Wax puts a barrier between the clearcoat and the surroundings to protect it from nasty stuff in the air, UV rays, and water. The road is full of pollutants which can stick on the paint of the car. Wax is the best way to protect against all these factors from your car’s clean bodywork. It makes the surface ‘hydrophobic’ as it is the last thing to apply in the car. Before using the wax, washing the car and polishing is a must.
Which car wax is a better option?
The natural car wax can go for a long time. It will also save your car from any additional artificial chemical harm. On the other side, synthetic wax can last for about a year, which is, for sure good enough. However, if you want your car to stay super protected, go for car wax twice a year. It will benefit you by keeping your vehicle look like a new one even after years of usage.
Best Car Wax for Silver Cars
Getting a wax coat for your silver car is the easiest and most efficient way to protect its color. Wax usually comes either in liquid or semi-liquid form. Good car wax is durable enough. It lasts for approximately 100 days. Here is a list of best selling silver car wax for you.
1. Meguiar’s G6107 for Silver Cars
It is specially formulated to produce reflections and shine on the car. You can use it on either white or silver cars. It is perfect for a silver-colored car because it includes carnauba with synthetic polymers. Carnauba by itself tends to make silver-colored cars dimmer.
Features and Specifications
- Meguiar’s wax kit includes the hand applicator pad for the secure application.
- It contains a blend of micro-cleaners that remove the light oxidation and dust particles from the surface.
- It ensures to keep the shine for a long time with the help of synthetic polymers.
- It offers fantastic shine, brilliant gloss, and no visible swirls because of its clear coat safe formula.
- It provides clear reflection to light colored and white cars, but the solvents can erode the surface of your vehicle.
3. CarGuys Liquid Wax for Silver Cars
Car Guys is a fully synthetic polymer wax. It also includes the substance carnauba along with the protective cover of a paint sealant. This combination allows better protections on your car without putting many efforts.
Features and Specifications
- It is long lasting in real sense. You have to apply it once or twice a year and you are done. This silver car polish is advanced and with newly patented additives.
- The new technology allows better looks and the best protection. It is durable and shines brightly in a warm sunny or any other day!
- You don’t need any professional or worker to apply this wax. It is super easy to use and even wipe off. It is a quick and most straightforward wax job you will ever experience.
- It provides super smooth mirror shine and crystal clear reflection. This silver wax can gloss up your car like no other product available in the market.
- The manufacturer claims that the whole process using the CarGuys wax is not at all time-consuming.
- It is made with advanced science and offers a full refund if you don’t find it best!
4. Chemical Guys JetSeal for Silver Cars
There is a lot of people out there who use this product to polish their car. Their experience and all the reviews are mind-blowing. Just like other products, it also offers protection against water spots, UV rays, and contamination; but in a better way!
Key Features and Specifications
- It delivers a durable high gloss shield at an affordable price. Also, it offers the most elegant finish while processing the anti-corrosion properties.
- You can apply it by your hands. Thus, you don’t need any machine or even a professional worker for the application.
- After intensive research and consistent supervision, Chemical Guys developed the reflective shine, which lasts a long time than you expected.
- The company claims that the harshest environmental elements fall weak against the wax’s strong protective coating.
- Most of the users give positive reviews about the silver wax that the car requires just one application in a year. But some customers don’t agree as their polish doesn’t stay effective after a couple of washes.
5. Meguiar’s G18216 Ultimate Liquid Wax
The brand has earned fame for its reflectivity, durability, and protection. It gives utmost comfort to your car even in full sun. Moreover, it is straightforward to apply and remove the wax. You don’t have to stuck with the polishing process throughout the day.
Features and Specification
- You can easily apply the wax with the hands and can get a clear coat all over. Use the Meguiar’s MT300 Dual Action Polisher for the most efficient application.
- It uses its Hydrophobic Polymer technology that increases the surface tension and helps you to get rid of water or any other substance easily.
- The wax is stainless. So even if you apply it on the surfaces or panels by mistake, there is no need to worry. You can remove it easily.
- It lasts for an extended period. Once you applied the wax all over the car body, you can enjoy the ultimate reflective shine and depth.
- Some users suggest that the wax becomes smelly while application. You must wear your mask to reduce the tendency until you get used to it.
6. Turtle Wax Colored Car Polish
The polyurethane rich liquid wax comes in a variety of colors. Turtle wax offers six favorite colors. This wax works best on silver cars. It rejuvenates both the complexion and shine of your vehicle like never before.
Key Features and Specification
- It protects your car for up to 25 washes and enhances the finishing of the car.
- It gives the full money back guarantee if the customer is not satisfied with the purchase.
- You can use it to polish all kinds of vehicles and surfaces. It shines brightly on cars, trucks, and any other vehicle.
- Polyurethane enriched formula gives your car a thick, luxurious shine. One can not differentiate between the old and a brand new car.
- The kit includes a chip stack without any extra cost. You can use it to cover scratches and rock chips. It works best to bring back old faded finishes.
These five are the best waxes for recover shine of your car in 2019 as per our research. If you consider the reviews of the customers, CarGuys and ChemicalGuys waxes win the race. And if you consider the cost, you can try the other three options. But whatever you choose, select a premium quality wax for your car to pamper it well.