When you buy a motorcycle, most of the time, it is more desirable than the need. And as you have paid good money for your bike, it must look like a classy one! If it starts to look shabby, people will tag you as a messy person, which may not suit your personality. A well-maintained and shiny bike can make you popular in the bikers community. Also, it attracts the buyers and gives you a chance not to drop much price of the bike at the time of resale. Forget about the selling, but there is a fact that if you take care of your bike, it will take care of you.
This whole process is not just about cleaning; it also allows you to stay close to your bike. You can check your bike each time you wash it. You can spot small hidden faults or some severe issues if you get close to your motorcycle.
It’s crucial to have the best motorcycle polish that is suitable for your bike’s outer material. There are various types of polishes such as metal cleaners, degreasers, waxes and polishes, plastic cleaners, etc. in the market. In this article, we are reviewing some plastic polishes, so that you can choose the perfect cleaning partner for your bike.
Best Motorcycle Plastic Polish
If you don’t want to compromise your bike’s original color even a bit, you should choose clear plastic cleaners. Such cleaners are transparent. They work fantastically to maintain the outer appearance and safety of the bike. Branded plastic cleaners can remove cloudiness and embedded grime. It provides shine and crisp reflection after cleaning. Although, clear or black plastic care is one of the most challenging jobs for the bikers. Here is a list and detailed information about our top 5 choices.
1. Wet or Waterless Wash Motorcycle Wax Kit
As the name suggests, it is a waterless cleaner. This motorcycle or car cleaner does not require any water to clean the surfaces. You can use it as a wax anytime and anywhere, whether in the garages, parking lots, or schools! If you use the waterless wax, then you can clean around 36 cars from 144 oz. And, if you use only wax, then you can dry 57 vehicles! Now imagine how many times you can clean your favorite bike with this 144 oz! It is indeed a worthy investment.
Features and Specifications
- This water-based plastic cleaner is also alcohol and ammonia free. It is eco-friendly, which is both biodegradable and plant-based. Thus, it does not harm your eyes or skin at the time of cleaning.
- Not only motorcycles, but you can also use this cleaner to clean RV, boats, or cars. Its aircraft quality makes it one of the best motorcycle plastic polishes. It works on both wet or dry surfaces.
- It gently cleans all the parts and leaves a non-stick UV protective coating on surfaces. You just have to spray it on the layer and wipe off.
- It is also used by the air force one, military, airlines, private aircraft owners, and corporate for more than 30 years! It is effortless to use.
- The kit includes a gallon, a 16 oz spray bottle, four microfiber towel, a free product guide, a how to use manual, and a what to use vehicle guide. The company also provides 100% money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the results.
2. Meguiar’s Motorcycle Care Kit
Whether you want to clean or protect paint, plastic, leather, vinyl and metal of your beloved motorcycle, you should try Meguiar’s motorcycle care kit. It is a 7 piece kit and can clean almost anything, without asking for much efforts.
Features and Specifications
- This motorcycle plastic cleaner is eco-friendly and biodegradable. Thus, it is entirely safe to use on bikes or any other vehicle, unlike other automotive products.
- The kit offers seven useful items including motorcycle EZ Cleaner spray and rinse, detailer mist & wipe, liquid wax, plastic cleaner/polish, metal polish etc. All of these can clean and protect any surfaces of the motorbike.
- It cleans the bike most safely and comfortably. You just have to spray on the motorcycle and rinse it off. It can clean, polish, and protect all glossy paints and coat finishes.
- Motorcycle liquid wax is versatile. It can also clean and polish leather. It is a no-slip formula which can protect leather and vinyl with no greasy residue or artificial gloss.
- The products come into small and convenient sizes which can fit in any saddlebags or small compartments of your bike. So, you can use it anywhere to clean your vehicle.
3. Simple Green Bike Cleaner Motorcycle Plastic Polish
Just like the name suggests, Simple green bike cleaner is green by nature. It is environment-friendly compared to other cleaners having harsh chemicals. It is also 100% safe on chains and derailleurs.
Key Features and Specifications
- This product won’t harm any rubber or plastic materials. So even if your bike has some plastic accessories or rubber decorations, you don’t need to cover them before applying the cleaner.
- It does not harm any painted surfaces. It is a non-corrosive and non-flammable cleaner.
- The cleaner is non-toxic. It contains a readily biodegradable formula. There is no added color or scent.
- The product is strong enough for heavy degreasing. You can use it on all bike parts from plastic to metal, including chains and derailleurs.
- It is gentle enough for everyday bike wash and hard enough to cut through tough, caked-on dirt and clay. It also creates a foam which can clean the hard-to-reach places.
4. Star Brite Ultimate Bike Plastic Polish
This protector is also a waterless cleaner which does not require water while cleaning or polishing the motorcycle. Waterless bike guards are best as they don’t create a mess and works fantastic on outer layers. You can use it anytime without putting many efforts.
Features and Specifications
- This cleaner can clean almost any light road grime, debris, and greasy fingerprints. It can provide the shine to all fiberglass, coats, or metal.
- It is also safe for paints. Simply, spray on and wipe off. You can notice instant shine and sparkle polish.
- Apart from the metals, you can also use it on rubber, leather, or plastic materials. It provides better finishing than others when it comes to all stainless, chrome and painted surfaces.
- It protects the bike from dirt and UV damage because of its insulating PTFE polymer barrier.
- You can also clean helmets with this plastic polish. Just keep one thing in your mind that you have to avoid overspray onto visors. Apart from that, you can use this waterless cleaner the way you want!
5. Purple Slice Clean, Wax & Polish
If you are one of those people who never go out without your bike, then your motorcycle may have seen better days. If it’s true, then give it a makeover with Purple slice clean, wax, and polish. It is safe for all coats, including any gel coats. Bikers are attracted towards this wax because it doesn’t stink. It leaves a fresh fragrance. It makes all the parts look like new and rejuvenated.
Key Features and Specifications
- This product comes in a watery form. So, you can just spray it on your bike and keep your motorcycle shiny after only a few wipes.
- It works fantastic on the bike’s paints, chromes, or the glasses. It is completely multifunctional. You will be happy and satisfied after using it.
- It is safe for any coat. Metal, plastic, or any other materials are comfortable with it. You can use it on any clear coats, without worrying about any side effects.
- The product does not contain any dyes or driers. Thus, it is harmless and avoids skin or eye irritations.
- If you are out and think that you may need to clean the bike, you can do it just by spraying Purple slice a little bit. No water is required to clean the surface.
- Whether the color is black, brown, red, or white, you can use this polish. It works fantastic on plastic windshields, tail lights, or turn signals. It can also help to restore yellow parts, and you can use it in direct sunlight.
These are our top five choices when we suggest about motorcycle plastic cleaners. You can go through each product and choose the best one suitable for your motorcycle. Just in case if you want to understand how to polish bike, here we are presenting the step by step guide.
How to Polish a Motorcycle?
It is essential to know the right way to polish your vehicle. Wrong polishes may make your bike look unclean or ugly. So, let’s see how you should polish it.
Step 1: Gather all the materials you will need to clean or polish the motorbike.
Step 2: Before applying the polishing cream or wax, wipe the surface with a dry cloth.
Step 3: Rub your favorite polishing cream on your work surface. Use your first two fingers and rub in small circles.
Step 4: After completing the polishing process, take a clean towel and wipe the remaining cream.
Step 5: Create foam from the cream and try to clean/polish the hard-to-reach area. To clean such parts is a tedious job.
Step 6: If you think that some parts are still not entirely clean or polished, repeat the process to those areas.
Step 7: Wipe off all the excess cream or wax, and enjoy rides with your shiny motorcycle.