It is imperative to maintain a compound, longbow, recurve, or any other bow regardless of the kind of bow you are using. Regular bowstring waxing not only keeps the bow brand new but also adds life to it and keeps it in good condition. However, to find the best bow wax, you need to find the right bowstring wax, and that can be a problem because, apparently, it is difficult to find the right product.
We care for you, and in order to make your selection procedure easier, we have compiled the benefits and have answered all the questions in a guide that you need to know before jumping to the reviews. So keep on reading.
What is a Bowstring Wax, and Why is it Used?
Bowstrings are highly elastic, and after regular use, it tends to lose its elasticity. Bowstrings need proper maintenance to keep them in a top-notch condition that allows them to provide accurate precision. Therefore, bowstring wax is designed to take good care of your bowstring. The wax is specifically designed to avoid the expenditure of changing the bowstring repeatedly.
Benefits of Bowstring wax:
- Improves the performance: Every time you perform on your bowstring will only help you to enhance the performance of your bowstring. These bowstring waxes help to enhance the performance of your bowstring by increasing the accuracy. Therefore, they are an ideal investment.
- Easy to use: The best advantage of these bowstring wax is that they come in small packaging that can be carried easily. Whenever you need to lubricate the strings, all you need to do is take out the wax and wax it up.
- Increase the lifespan: The foremost reason why you need to invest in bowstrings wax is that they can increase the lifespan of your string. You can increase the lifespan by using wax on a regular basis to maintain it properly.
Now that you have got enough knowledge about bowstring wax and its benefits. You just have to select the best one for your bowstring. To make your task a bit easier, we have shortlisted the best bowstring wax that would help you to maintain your bowstring.
Best Bow String Wax
1. Bohning 1306 Tex-Tite Bowstring Wax
If you are looking for a reliable best bow wax, then Bohning Tex-Tite should be your go-to choice. It is made from a natural material that will help it to stay intact throughout all weather. It will keep your bowstring healthy and lubricated for a longer duration of time and works on all types of stings, including compound bows. Therefore, if you are looking for a compound bow string wax, then Bohning Tex-Tite is the best compound bow string wax.
- It is the best recurve bowstring wax.
- It performs equally well under all weather conditions.
- It helps to lubricate the bowstring, so it functions well.
- It helps to lengthen the durability of the string.
- It is made from natural ingredients.
- It can be a bit heavier on your pocket
- It can be allergic, as it is made from natural ingredients.
2. Allen Crossbow Bowstring Wax
If you are looking for the best bowstring wax for your synthetic bowstrings, then you must go for this bowstring by Allen. It is best to keep your string away from moisture, dirt, and dust. The wax is super easy to apply and is manufactured in the USA. It comes in a very easy to use container. It is a strong wax that will extend your string’s life and will guard it against the weather.
- The bowstring wax is made in such a way that it won’t freeze up.
- It has no odor, neither good nor bad.
- It washes off from hands easily. You don’t have to roam with greasy hands.
- It keeps the strings waterproof.
- It protects the bowstring from harmful factors.
- It is not taken enough care of; it may dry up.
- It is comparatively a bit costlier.
3. Mossy Oak Bowstring Wax
If you are looking for a simple yet most effective wax, then Mossy Oak Bowstring wax is your catch. It is excellent for archery or any other hunting equipment. It is used on recurve bows, and it comes with a glide-stick format, which makes it easy to apply. You can store it in a sealable plastic bag to increase its life.
- The best part about this wax is that It holds up very well.
- It is the best bowstring wax under budget.
- It is easy to use and is portable, making it more convenient for you.
- It enhances the life of your string, making it stay with you longer.
- It is best for outdoor equipment.
- It can be challenging if not given enough attention.
- It can get hard in a short time if not stored properly.
4. 30-60 Outdoors String Bow String Wax
If you are looking for a wax that is not made from typical bee’s wax, then you must go for this wax. 30-60 outdoor string bow wax is a blend of natural material. It is manufactured to increase overall performance. It can be used on any string, including crossbows, to increase the lifespan of your string.
- It is odorless.
- It provides waterproofing to the bowstring.
- It easily applies and keeps the string nice and waxed.
- It is not made from bee’s wax and is made with oil and grease.
- It prevents bowstrings from feathering.
- It may get hard until it is melted down.
- The twist bottom doesn’t work well if not used properly.
5. Bohning Seal Tite Wax
If you are looking for dense waxes for your bowstrings, you must go for Bohning Seal Tite wax. It is the best wax for high tensile strings and is often used on bows for happy performances. It is a silicon-based wax, and with dense material, it is suitable for roughest weather and remains perfectly intact. It is 100% odorless and frictionless.
- It is easy to use. You just need to apply it carefully.
- It can increase the lifespan of your bowstring.
- It helps your bowstring to stay healthy.
- It offers a friction-less arching experience.
- It is perfect for heavy-duty bowstrings.
- It has dense material that makes it a bit effortful to use.
- The clean-up process may get messy if not careful.
The Bottom Line
Bowstring wax is the easiest and cost-effective way to maintain and keep your bowstring working in an appropriate and more extended form. The most significant benefit of the bowstring is that it will keep your bowstring from fraying and will prevent it from water damage if it gets soaked up with water. If you love archery and want to take your performance to the whole another level, then you must consider waxing your bowstring regularly.
We have mentioned two FAQs that are usually asked by bowstring wax buyers.
1. How often should we wax the bowstring?
A wet bowstring can decrease your accuracy and speed; therefore, a lovely and dry bowstring can prevent your bowstring from fraying. Shooting can put pressure on your strings, and regular waxing can help.
2. How to wax a bowstring?
Waxing a bowstring is not a complicated task. Most brands come with bowstring chapstick. You simply have to apply the wax-up the string, create some tension to spread the wax by causing heat. Many users like to rub the wax into the string. Just make sure once you are done, there are no wax chunks left on the string.
In this guide, we have put together the best bowstring wax available in the market along with a perfect buyers guide that is essential to know before buying the ideal bowstring wax. The products that we have mentioned are best to knowledge as we have deeply researched every customer review. It is challenging to pick one best bowstring wax, but our top choice would be Bohning 1306 Tex-Tite Bowstring Wax. We hope we helped you.