Boat wax helps restore shine by getting rid of any and all stains that are usually a result of staying in the water. While sailing the surface of the boat picks up quite good a number of stains, which can be really hard to eliminate. The best boat cleaner will help you remove these stains without breaking your back or bank account.
Best Boat Wax Reviews
1) Meguiar’s M5616 Marine/RV Pure Wax Carnauba Blend
This product from Meguiar promises durable, long-lasting paint protection with a glossy finish. It has been formulated such that it can be used by hand or with a machine. The brand says it is safe to be used on all fiberglass surfaces.
Let’s take a look at some of its features:
- It is a blend of pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax and resins, polymers, and silicones.
- It works particularly well on dark colors.
- The usage process is pretty straightforward. You apply it and wait for it to dry. You will see a powdery film that can be wiped off with ease.
- It is very easy to use and wipe off once it dries.
- It gives an ultra-glossy finishing.
- You can use it on RVs and boats without any hassles.
- If you have decals, you don’t have to worry about them. The wax does not cause any harm to decals.
- You shouldn’t use it where the passengers may walk on the boat because it is very slippery and the chances of injury are high.
- You cannot use it on your car unless it is fiberglass. This wax is not meant for metal.
- While it is safe for decals, it cannot be used on vinyl and rubber.
- Some users have complained that wiping it off is an arduous task.
2) Meguiar’s M6732 Marine/RV One Step Compound
Another good product from Meguiar, the formula of M6732 is made specifically to clean surfaces with gel coating and create a deep glossy finish. You can use this compound by hand or with a machine with equal ease.
Below are a few of its features:
- It has been made especially to get rid of difficult stains caused due to oxidation, water, and scratches.
- All the neglected surfaces of your RV or boat can be cleaned with this formula to make them lustrous.
- It works to restore the color of your boat.
- Make sure you clean the surface before you start applying this wax.
- It can be used over decals.
- Many users have said this is the best product they have used in recent times to remove oxidation stains.
- The shine it leaves is really lustrous – making your RV or boat look almost as good as new.
- You cannot use this on vinyl graphics. You have to work around them to keep them protected.
- A few users have faced difficulties while mixing the product
- If there’s heavy oxidation, you will need a lot of elbow grease to work with.
3) Collinite 920 Fiberglass Boat Cleaner and 925 Fiberglass Boat Wax Combo
If you are suffering from the effects of weathering, the Collinite combo is your answer. The cleaner will restore and the wax will give you enhanced shine. The brand also promises durability.
Here are a few of its standout features:
- You use the cleaner first and then use the wax to finish with a clean, shiny fiberglass boat.
- It gets rid of mild oxidation, film, chalkiness, and discolouration.
- If you want durability and protection without elbow grease, you must pick this up.
- It protects against salt spray, UV, marine growth, outdoor corrosion, et cetera.
- It restores the original color of the fiberglass boat.
It works extremely well but is not aggressive to the gel coat.
- It is easy to apply and wipe off, especially when compared to its counterparts.
- Some users say it works better with battery powered buffer.
- While it is an amazing combo product you may find that it is time-consuming to get through with the process.
4) 3M 09030 Marine Ultra Performance Paste Wax
Made with unique 3M polymer technology, the 09030 Marine Ultra Performance Paste Wax can be used on fiberglass gel coat, painted aluminium, metal parts, and topside paints. It also provides a smooth, glossy finish.
We’ve listed some of its features for you:
- It is based on carnauba wax, which is known to leave a deep shine and glossy finish.
- It resists dirt and reduces friction.
- It resists fading due to rain, salt, and sun.
- It has been formulated for easy on and easy off process so that you save time during application.
- Many users have said that this is the best wax they have used so far since it is easy to apply and quite durable.
- You can use it on white fiberglass as well as colored fiberglass.
- It provides exceptional support from UV.
- It lasts really long, and that seems to make up for its large price tag.
- The fact that it is versatile also bodes well for many users.
- Even though the application is easy, it is time-consuming, since removal takes a lot of effort, according to a few.
- It is an expensive product.
- Some users have reported dryness of the product. If you experience this, we recommend you expose it to the sun for a while.
5) New Boat Bright Babe’s Boat Care
If an easy and quick application is your priority, the best boat polish for you is the New Boat bright Babe’s Boat Care wax cleaner. It is a spray that cleans your boat’s surface without hassle and leaves a nice shiny finish.
A few of its features are here:
- It has a UV protectant that ensures that the shine stays longer.
- It creates a water repellent barrier, which also reduces staining and spotting due to minerals and other materials.
- It also protects against scratching with the mar-resistant coating.
- You can also expect good protection from fading and oxidation.
- The spray is really time saving and easy to apply.
- You can use it even when your boat is wet.
- Many have said that it is much better than using solid wax.
- It does not protect against hard water spots.
- The glossy finish may not match the other products in its list of competitors.
- It is quite durable.
- It is an affordable product.
We hope this guide helped you find the best boat wax for your boat or RV. Remember, regardless of the wax you choose you must follow all the instructions to get the expected results.
If you have any suggestions or would like to add to this list, please write to us in the comments below!